Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We're Cruising Again

Well, unfortunately, our time in Newfoundland has come to an end. We are back on the boat on our way to Nova Scotia. We had such an incredible time. Everyone is friendly and welcoming, and Jerry's family was soooo good to us! We stayed with Harold and Thelma who treated us as if we were staying in a hotel. They opened up their home, they cooked for us, they had a great barbecue last night with about 25 people for dinner. And this was all in the middle of their daughter getting married...I don't know how they find the energy! We just can't say enough how much we enjoyed every minute. I'm sure most of you have never been to Newfoundland, but if you ever the get the chance, you'll want to keep coming back again and again! I can assure you that we will not wait 10 years between visits again. Jerry's entire family spoiled us the whole time we were here; lending us a car, putting us up and feeding us.....not sure how I will function without them!

I have a few more pictures, but the wi-fi connection on the boat is not very strong so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post them. We went to a bird sanctuary today called Cape St. Mary's. It's a remote part of the island where millions of birds nest. It looks as if you are in Ireland. It's about an hour drive from Placentia, and then the access road to get in to the trail is about 5 or 6 miles. Then you walk about 3/4 of a mile out to the cliffs and can get such an incredible view of the birds, the cliffs and the ocean. The kids will have so much material to write about when they head back to school in the fall!!

I'm going to sign off for the night. We just had a great dinner and will be heading to bed soon. We should be in Nova Scotia around 9:30 in the morning. We plan to go out to Prince Edward Island for a night and then start the drive back to CT. I'll update again as I can gain access to wi-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment