Monday, July 11, 2011

Fantastic Weekend Part One

Having trouble with pictures, but here is our update...
So much has happened since our last check-in! We're having more and more fun every day! I'm posting a few pictures with this first part, these are pictures from Placentia, which is the town where Jer's mom grew up. One shot is of the whole town from up on the hill across the water. As you can see, it's a small town built basically on a sand bar! The house you see in the picture with Jer and the kids is the house where she grew up. It's one of the oldest houses in the town, built in 1887.
 
We walked over to the "beach" on the edge of town. And yes, we put our feet in the water. Jer's mom said "now you know why I don't swim!" So, Auntie Jen, you can tell Uncle Sean that the temperature of the water up in Newfoundland is...coldER than Maine! Our feet were numb in a matter of seconds! You can see Jacob's reaction in this picture!
 
I'm also posting a picture of the ferry we took over here. It was really quite amazing. I'll share pictures of the inside when I get home and have more time to post. OK, I'll do a second post with a wedding update.

No comments:

Post a Comment