Friday, July 15, 2011

Old Orchard Beach

We made it to Old Orchard today; but it took us 7 hours! Poor Jer did so much driving, but it was worth it to pull in here. We arrived around 6:30 and are walking distance to the beach. We went down and had dinner and played on the beach for a bit. The kids had lots of energy to get rid of!! We even ran into clients! What a small world!!

We have traveled so far; it's hard to believe that just yesterday we woke up on Prince Edward Island and now we're in Maine. I forgot to tell you about the bridge we crossed to get off PEI. It was 8 miles long!!!! Very cool!

Another funny story. When we got here today I went into the office to get a site while Jer and the kids stayed out in the RV. The people in the office had a bit of a local accent. They asked me if I wanted a full hookup with water, electric and soars. I didn't understand the last part so I asked them to repeat it. He said the same thing again...water, electric and soars. I still didn't get it so I said "I'm sorry, I'm new to camping and I don't know what soars are." He looks me in the eye and says "your toilets." oh, yes, I want that too. It gets even funnier because I get in the RV later and repeat this story to Jer and the kids and before I can finish, Emma says "SEWERS Mom." Duh!!!! That's when I finally got it!!

Anyway, we are back in the RV for the night and are hoping for warm weather tomorrow so we can hit the beach. We froze for the last few days, it feels great to have warm weather. We actually had to turn the heat on last night and the night before! I'm tired of sweatshirts in July!!!!

I'll let you know how our last couple of nights go! See you soon!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment