Saturday, August 16, 2014

Only Two More Days With the RV!

So we are back in Jasper for a few minutes today. Yesterday we went a bit further up north and went zip lining! Not your average zip line. This was one of only three places in the world ?so we were told) that you can do it in the super hero flying position! Jacob and I did a tandem jump. For those of you who know me well, you know how far out of my comfort zone that was for me! Way up in the mountains, running down the slope of a building roof and leaping off!! Thought I would throw up, but I did it!! Emma, Stephen, Dawn and David did solo jumps. No fear!!

We have seen some great wildlife! We had elk grazing in our campsite. We saw caribou in the middle of the highway!!!

We rewarded ourselves by visiting a natural hot spring WAY up in the mountains. Water was 104 degrees! We watched the sunset from up there (sun sets around 10:00 up here). It was stunning, just like everything else we have seen!

Raymond and Martha headed home this morning. We were sorry to see them leave but were so happy for the time we had with them! We did a short hike in the Maligne Canyons today and now we are waiting for our 3:30 bus to take us to our white water rafting trip this afternoon. Judging by the water temperatures up here...we are going to freeze our butts off!! Thankfully we have heat in the RV for when we finish! Although I have no hair dryer, because I blew it up the first morning in the RV! Apparently our electric hookup was only 110 volts and my dryer was 125. Oops! Sparks flew and I've been a messy haired, air drying girl all week!

OK, have to run. Will be back in Calgary on Monday at Sheila's and will check back!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment